California Real Estate Market Update from Leslie Appleton Young
What’s in store for Orange County Real Estate and the California market in general in 2014? We had The California Association of Realtors Chief Economist Leslie Appleton Young present a ton of great market data and facts today, so we wanted to share with you!
Here are 8 quick facts about CA Real Estate:
1. REO level is at 5%. There are only 205 bank owned properties for sale in OC right now.
2. There are now only 15.4% underwater homeowners in California.
3. Foreclosure and delinquency rates are now at their historic normal level. (Big WHOOP WHOOP!!)
4. Sept median price in CA for detached homes: $428,810
5. 72% of properties from the beginning of this year had multiple offers. (This is why you need a good Realtor!)
6. 82% of investors bought & HELD. Only 18% flips in 2013.
7. There are 3.6 months of inventory supply in CA as of Sept.
8. Only 28% of buyers were first time buyers because they were outbid by all cash investors :( The long running average is 38%.
The big question: Will there be home appreciation or depreciation in 2014????????
Leslie predicts we will have more inventory, and sales volume will be up 3.2%. She is projecting a 6% appreciation, and mortgage rates will RAISE to 5.3%.
What does this mean for you? It’s a great time to seize the opportunity of lower prices while rates are still in the 4’s! Call us at 877-230-3211 for help and to maximize your investments!